Class IV therapeutic laser is used for post-operative care, treatment of arthritis, skin wounds, and other selected conditions.
Therapeutic lasers supply energy to the body as light is transmitted through the layers of skin and stimulates and accelerates the healing of damaged cells with no adverse effect on healthy cells. Laser therapy also decreases inflammation and eliminates pain, which allows your pet to quickly return to his other activities.
Applications for laser therapy include:
- Treatment of arthritis and degenerative joint disease
- General pain management (sprains, strains, and stiffness)
- Post-surgery pain (spays, neuters, declaws, and other surgeries)
- Skin problems (hot spots, lick granulomas, and infections)
- Dental procedures
- Fractures and wounds (bites, abrasions, and lesions)
- Ear infections